Overcoming blogophobia

My fear of blogging is two folds. Pictures and things once published “out there” can take on a life of its own or as bad, die an obscure and unread life!! It is however not my right to plaster my son’s picture all over the internet without consulting him when I don’t even like pictures taken of me!Or refer to him by name or something so personal that there is even a chance that it would thrill some sick perverted person out there for all the wrong reasons or fulfill the desires of some obsess fan when my son ( AND I SAY WHEN!! not "if".) is famous. I reached a compromise and decided to blog and use pictures that don’t completely reveal him or any member of our family. This actually appeals to me. Much like the seduction of a veil or being able to imply with subtlety and leave something to the imagination. A polite indirectness rather then “your face” bluntness...therefore BEHOLD!, you get the mystery butt to look at.

Why this blog then? Because in my younger days I use to write thoughts on pieces of paper and diaries etc but I suck at organizing. ( yes, its means I am a mess.) I don’t know where any of those things are now! A lot of use that was! So this centralizes things. More importantly, as I go on this journey as a mother I kept saying, “ I wish someone told me that” or “ I wish I knew that earlier” and “ I hope I remember that” So, this is my attempt to share, in the hopes that someone else out there is relieved of a small bit of the anxiety that motherhood brings and and more importantly as ammunition for my son, whom I hope will one day read this and keep his mama in check….”.

No comments: