Son to go to temple!

Hands in prayer

I didn’t think I would face this question till maybe sonny boy was starting to believe that there was no Santa. Here I am with it. My husband wants to take our son to the temple this weekend. I am a Christian and my husband is a. …Buddhist? Taoist?

I had thanked Jesus for my child and presented him to Christ in a prayer. I had planned to read him children’s bible stories. It is not that my husband and I didn’t discuss religion; we had kind of agreed that he had to find his own way after being exposed and making and educated decision. However, my husband’s decision to take him to the “Temple” provoked a sense of possessiveness in me that yelled “ NOOO! He belongs to Christ!!”

See how easy it is to face promises we make and be so tempted to break them!

I was taken to Church as a child by my sister and it kinda stuck. My mother is a free thinker and my dad….ahh my dad….

“ Son, Grandpa could recite passages from the bible better then I could and he wasn’t a Christian. He read the Quran and other books…. there was the one with the guy with the third eye…whoever that was…Grandpa bought me my Children’s bible…..

I pray that Christ will come into your heart and that you will ask that he come dwell in yours but I will not force it no matter how I would want to. Faith will come to you and you must freely choose because ultimately our creator had made us with free will.”

I am strong for the love of Christ and I believe a very much happier person. Much about the rule of Christianity demand that I should have married a Christian(I didn't) and that I should bring my son up as one. This is a tough one for a mother but I still believe that faith is a choice made with a free will.

Ok...what is an appropriate baby outfit for a visit to a temple?

No comments: