On Germs and Appreciation

To my beloved husband.

Did I say I really appreciate the things you do? The soup you boiled to make sure I didn’t starve when our son insists on being attached to me all morning. That I appreciate that you bought me a lunch sandwich because ….our son insists on being attached to me all afternoon. Or that I so appreicate you taking midnight shift because your son insist on attaching himself to me all evening? Did I say I appreciate it all in the midst of me yelling at you for stressing me out about putting fridge Pyrex containers on the floor while looking for our refrigerated dinner? But seriously?! “Germs from the floor will stick to bottom on Pyrex bowl that I will transfer into the fridge?” I know it’s your germaphobe way of demonstrating love for your son but really?? I also love you thoughtfulness in gave your keys to our friend so that she wouldn’t need to wake me when she returned from walking our son.

All I can say on the germ thing is
“Lah sam cheah lah sam tuar” ( so its not pin yin correct but its how it sounds in my head..it is in hokkien by the way)
Dirty eat dirty grow up?(direct translation) I always took it to mean a person who eats and lives less then hygienic can withstand less then hygienic surroundings and not get sick as often.
Any other interpretation of that saying would just be plain disgusting.

No comments: