Why did the baby cry?

You know how new mothers are. You read something about how to take care of the child and you follow it. You also end up with too many rules!!

Don’t drink coffee or tea as it might pass through the milk and the child wont sleep. You know, I didn’t drink coffee or tea and he didn’t sleep or stay awake when I wanted him to, so I am taking that cup of tea because that makes mommy sane enough to deal with the not sleeping and not waking.

Don’t eat cabbage or other gassy vegetable coz it would give the child gas. I didn’t and he still grunted and groan as if he was a trying to lay an ostrich egg or grandpa trying to bomb Tokyo.( Son, this is what grandpa would say when he was going to use the facilities, perform his morning ambulation, doing #2..you get the picture) So I am eating that stew because it can be cooked in the croak pot and is a complete meal in a bowl!!

I have to admit I laughed about the gas bit and the grunting and moaning that newborns make. Apparently there is a reason why sometimes they let out a “someone is trying to kill me” wail when they are pooping. I read (in my frantic search for information on every single thing that I thought was troubling my child) that the infant's immature internal system sometime does not sync .i. e that the simple coordinate activity of pooping that we adults can do half asleep on the john, requires the newborn to coordinate stomach muscles contracting with anus opening. This, they sometimes get wrong and stomach contracts and anus shuts tight. The kind of pressure this would cause in an infant tummy? Well, lets say I would cry the way they do too….and yup…this mum laughs at the poor baby when he does it too. Well, that is a lot heck better then wanting to cry because I didn’t know what was troubling Master Stinky.

No comments: